- Nearly 230 students of PU College, from Haasan were visited campus on 2nd Nov 2019.
- ACU- Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy, BG Nagara conducted "NSS Orientation Programme” for all NSS volunteers of ACU on 4th Nov 2019. A total of 6 NSS Program Officers and 250 NSS volunteers of all the constituent colleges of ACU witnessed the program. Prof. N Ramu, NSS co-ordinator, ACU, Prof. G B Shivaraju, Trustee, Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust, Indoor (MP), Mr. G K Srinivas, Founder of Dhaithamaramma Charitable Trust and Dr. B Ramesh principal, SACCP were presided over the function.
- Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy under the joint collaboration with Sri Daithamaramma Temple Charitable Trust Kadashettahalli and Karnataka Gandhi smaraka Nidhi, Bengaluru, organised NSS SPECIAL CAMP @ Kadashettyhalli, Kunigal Tq., on the theme of ‘Ba - Bapu: 150th birth anniversary’ on 7/11/2019-10/11/2019 and nearly 50 students were participated in that event.
- Students of SACCP participated in ‘Kannada Rajyotsava’ organised by ACU on 12th Nov. 2019.
- HESDAR activity conducted on 7th Nov. 2019 followed by seminar on Leadership Skills for Sem V& IV B Ph, Interns & Vth Years & II D Ph.
- National Pharmacy week celebration has been started on 18th Nov. 2019 with the events like debates, poster competition and other like wise. The theme of the debates was ‘one nation one constitution’.
- Our Staff and PG Students attended one day Workshop on “QbD approach in method development” organised by JSSCP on 1st October 2019 at JSSCP, JSS AHER, Mysore.
- Department of Pharmaceutics organised guest lectures on the topic ”Regulatory Guidelines for Pharmaceutical Industry" held on 1st October 2019 by Dr. Vijaya Joshi Prof & Head Govt.College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru.
- Department of Pharmacology organised guest lectures on the topic "Cell lines" held on 1st October 2019 by Dr. SV Rajendra Prof & Head, Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru.
- Department of Pharmacy Practice organised guest lectures on the topic "Clinical Toxicology - Emerging Area in Research" held on 3rd October 2019 by Dr. Girish Thunga, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Department of Pharma Analysis organised guest lectures on the topic "Analysis of chiral drugs" held on 4th October 2019 by Dr. BM Gurupadayya, Prof Dept. Of Pharma Chemistry, JSSCP, JSS AHER Mysuru.
- Our College organised scientific talk titled “Computational Genomics Approach for Deciphering Antimicrobial Resistance and Use of Artificial Intelligence in the Discovery of Antimicrobial Peptides" held on 4th October 2019 by Dr. Dinesh Kumar, Principal Scientist, centre for Agricultural Bioinformatics, ICAR- Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute, New Delhi.
- Our College celebrated Ayuda Pooja during Dusshera on 5th October 2019.
- Our College Students Participated in the World Mental Health Day rally Organised by Dept. of Psychitry, AH & RC on 10th October 2019 at Bellur.
- Our College is listed by “Higher Education digest Magazine” as one of the 25 must watch Pharmacy Colleges in India.
- ISPOR SACCP, Student Chapter celebrated World Autism Day during 4th April 2019 and it was published in ISPOR Student Network on September 2019.
- The 1st Internal Examination for D. Pharm, B. Pharm and Pharm. D Started from 11th October 2019 is on Progress
- Students participated in national Bio quiz competition organised by ITBT, on 17th Oct.2019 and secured 4th place.
- Gust lecture by Ivy Louis, CEO, Vienni Training & Consulting LLP, Bangalore, followed by college visit on 18th Oct. 2019.
- Three faculties, twelve PG students from Dept. of Pharmaceutics, one Research Scholar from Pharmacy Practice, were attended two days International Conference on “Strategies to tackle Antimicrobial Resistance” at PESCP 6th international Conference organized by PES University, Bangalore.
- Our faculties Dr. Annegowda H V, Mallamma T, Priyanka K have presented e-posters at PESCP 6th international Conference organized by PES University, Bangalore.
- Dr. Annegowda H V., Prof & Head Dept. of Pharmacognosy, won Best poster presentation Award on 19th Oct 2019 at PESCP 6th international Conference organized by PES University, Bangalore.
- Department of Pharmaceutics, two PG students & faculty Dr. Abdul Nasir K were attended two days International conference on "Current Regulations on Medical Devices & In-vitro Diagnostics" at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, organized by Dept of Regulatory affairs & Department of Pharmaceutics, JSS University, Sponsered by AICTE during 18-19 October 2019.During conference Mr. Prashant. T & Mr. DhruvaSagar has presented e-poster, co-authored by Dr. Prakash G & Dr. Abdul Nasir K & Dr B Ramesh.
- Delegates SACP (four research scholars and seven PG students from Dept. of Pharmacology) were participated and interacted in the workshop organised by Adichunchanagiri Institute of Molecular Medicine and Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences conducting Three day Workshop on " Medical Genomics " 22nd Oct. 2019.
- Ms Savina from DHi was interected with faculty members regarding Dhi ERP related issues. All CTs SI & HODs attended and discuss various aspects of Dhi software for smooth operations on 22nd Oct. 2019.
- DME team constituting Dr. Joshi and Dr. Satish, from GCP, Bangalore, visited college for GOK protocol on 25th Oct. 2019.
- Miss. Shraddha Sasi secured 1st place in singing competition organised by Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Kannada Balaga for the non- kannadiga students of constituent colleges of Adichunchanagiri University on 25th Oct. 2019.
- ACU- Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy BG Nagara celebrated "National Unity Day" on 31 Oct 2019 on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Jayanti, nation gears up to mark "Rashtriya Ekta Diwas".Students & teachers took oath to preserve the unity, integrity and security of the nation in the spirit of unification of the county. On this occasion, a. documentary on life and time of Sri. Sardar Vallabhai Patel was played to create awareness on the significant role of iron Man in the unification of India. The event had participation in large numbers.
- A Department wise Teachers Day was celebrated on 5th September to mark the Aniversary of Dr.Radha Krishna.
- Ganesha Festival was celebrated in college on 2nd Sept and the Viserjana was done on 4th Sept 2019.
- ACU and forum of former VC’s of Karnataka State Universities, Bengalore had organised Orientation Programme on Draft National Education Policy 2019 on 6th September 2019. Few of our Staff along with HOD’s Attended this programme.
- Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy- Adichunchanagiri Universty has been selected as one among 25 Must watch Pharmacy College in India and to be featured in the Front cover by Higher Education Digest.
- Dr. Mahendran Sekar Associate Professor & Head Dept of Pharma Chemistry, University of Kuala Lumpur,(UniKL),Perak Malaysia visited Adichunchanagiri college of Pharmacy and signed Letter of intent for collaboration which includes Staff, Students exchange program and collaborative Research activities at Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy BG Nagara on 11-9-19.
- SACCP is recognised for establishment of “ Institution Innovation council (IIC)” by MHRD AICTE New Delhi.
- NSS unit of Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy organised PLASTIC FREE ZONE CAMPAIGN on 13/9/2019. The main motto of the program was to eradicate the use of plastic on campus. Around 70 NSS volunteers & Teachers were actively involved in the program.
- Onam was celebrated at SACCP on 14th September 2019.
- Around 17 PGs & 4 faculty members of Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Pharmacology, attended the One Day seminar on “Bio-Printing in Life Sciences” organized by JSS college of Pharmacy Mysuru on 14-9-2019.
- An Industrial Orientation Workshop for Final Year B.Pharma and M.Pharm students was organised on 18th and 19th September 2019.
- Our Faculty Dr Rupesh Kumar Professor & HOD got “Best Researcher Award” by VD GOOD TECHNOLOGY during the event of “International Scientist Award on Engeenering, Science and Medicine” held during 14th &15th September 2019.
- Our College has organized two days “Pre-Placement Workshop” in association with Opex Accelerator Pvt LTD during 23-24 Sept 19. Mr. Sachin Khumbhoje and Mr. Sachin Khumbhoje from OpEx Accelerator have given training to our students on various aspects towards career.
- Two of our staff attended one day workshop on Reading for Pleasure leads to Academic Excellence & Designing the 21st Century Classroom: Startgic consideration for future learning organised by DIDAC India at BIEC, Bengaluru on 24th Septemeber 2019
- Our College has organized one day Certified Start Up Entrepreneur Acceleration Workshop in association with Opex Accelerator Pvt LTD. Mr. Sachin Khumbhoje, Mr. Sachin Khumbhoje, Mrs. Anjore Parendekar and Mr. Anurag from OpEx Accelerator have given training to our students on Startup Entrepreneur
- Our College celebrated "World Pharmacist Day" on 26th Sep 2019 at Yuvalaya with the theme for the celebration was " Safe And Effective Medication For All".
- Our students participated in various events in Bharathi Utsav 2019 and they secured 2nd Place in group dance, 2nd Place in solo dance and 3rd Place in Solo dance compitition organised by Bharathi Education Trust Bharathi Nagara, Mandya held on 26th and 27th September 2019.
- Our College has organised guest lecture on the topic “Somebody is watching you: Do's and don'ts with Research data" on 27th Sep 2019. Dr. Suresh Kumar M. Professor, Research Director & TIFAC Core coordinator. JSSCP OOTY, JSS AHER Mysuru.
- Department of Pharmacy Practice, organised a one day workshop on 27th September 2019 for Pharm.D students on the topic "Pharmacoepidemiological study designs" & "Critical Care Pharmacy" by Mr. Muhammed Rashid PP, Ph.d Scholar, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal and Mr. Ashique EP, Critical Care Pharmacist, IQRAA International Hospital, Calicut, Kerla.
- Our College organized on the Objective of “Swachha Bharat Mission” & “Fit India” a demo given for All 1st Year girls of Diplomo, UG and PG on “Sanitary Napkin Vending Machine & Incinerator” by HLL life care Ltd. On 27th September 2019.
- Student of our College Mr. Mohammed zuber of 5th Pharm. D had taken part in RGUHS selection “South Zone Inter University Hockey Tournment” trails held at ST. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru during 27th & 28th September 2019.
- Dept. of Psychiatry, AIMS in association with our college organized a workshop on “Focus on suicide prevention amongst students through life skills approach” on the occasion of observing world Mental Health day 2019 held on 30th September 2019.
- Our college organised three days (5th Aug to 8th Aug 2019) induction program for fresher students. The purpose of this very induction program was to give insight of Profession of pharmacy in India and nurture & motivate the future pharmacists. Eminent personalities from the field of pharmacy and medical were invited for the talk.
- SACCP organised workshop on the topic ‘Research Grants Proposal Writing and Research quality Indicators’ by Prof. K Byrappa Pro.VC & Dean (Research) and Dr. I. R. N Gouder, Adjunct Professor ACU on 7th August 2019 for Faculty & Research Scholars of BGSIT, SACCP & ACN.
- On 11th Aug 2019,Honourable Chancellor of Adichunchanagiri University Sri Sri Dr Nirmalanandanatha Maha swamiji Distributed FloodReliefMaterials at Chikkmagluru District Karnataka
- SACCP-ISPOR Chapter and Students jointly participated in North Karnataka flood Relief Campaign at Bellur town on 11th Aug 2019
- Dr. Rashmi NG was attended National Level CPhi Conference Pharma Analytical Conclave held on 8th & 9th Aug 2019 at Hyderanbad.
- Product Seminar was conducted at our College by BOROSIL on 13th Aug 2019
- SACCP Celebrated “73 Independence Day” and “Raksha Bandhan” with fervour festivity on 15th Aug 2019.
- SACCP has been provided with certification of commitment by central vigilance commission on19th AUG.
- A guest lecture has been organised by the Dept of Ph.Chemistry on the topic Computer aided Formulation Development and hands on training for Design Expert version 12 software on 24th Aug 2019. Dr. Zahir Abbas Senior Research Scientist, Formulation development, Apotex Research Private Limited, Bengaluru.
- Induction Programme for freshers was organised on 28th August in association with the Constituent colleges of ACU.
- ACU-Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy in association with NSS unit, ISPOR and AH & RC organised “Medical Health Check up and Blood Grouping Camp" on 28 Aug 2019 at Jnana Bharathi PU College, Kunigal.
- A workshop was organised for P.G students of Sri Kalabairaveshvara ayurvedic medical college Bengaluru on the topic “Recent Trends on Standerdisation of Ayurvedic Formulationand their Pharmacological evaluation” on 29th August 2019.
- Orientation programme for the Post Graduate students was held on 29th August 2019.
- Freshers day was celebrated in college on 30th August 2019. Professor T.N Raju , Eminent Educationist was the chief guest of the programme.
- One day guest Lecture conducted on the topic “Structure Based Drug Design” on16th July 2019 by Dr. Mahesh Palkar, Faculty of Pharmacy, KLE University.
- Pharm D students of I to V year got cent percent results for the academic year 2018-19.
- Our PG interns & Scholars attended Guest Lecture on Inflenza Virus Pathogenesis Therapy by T Narasaraju, Scientist, Oklahama University, USA at AIMS Medical Education Unit on 19th July 2019.
- PBL Session was conducted for Sem IV students and M. Pharm Students as Facilitator on 19th July 2019.
- Savina and Team from Dhi Software visited college for updation and inputs on 20th July 2019
- SACCP in association with IPA Karnataka State Branch, organized “Continuing Education for Community Pharmacist” on 25th July. 2019. It was well attended by 160 Community Pharmacists of Mandya district.
- Our PG interns & Scholars attended Guest Lecture at AIMS on “Medical Toxicology- Evolution to Revolution” by Dr. VV Pillay, Prof, Amrita Institute of Medical Science & Research, Kerala on 30th july 2019
- Three Proposals for MODROB, AICTE for aiming to modernize and remove obsolescence in the laboratory has been submitted from the Department of Ph. Cology, Ph. Chemistry and Ph. Analysis in the month of August.
- ACU & Constituent College Conducted "Data Quality Management for Ranking & Accreditation" by Dr. Nilani P, Deputy Director , Bureau of Quality & Statistics, JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research , Mysore on 31st July 2019 at BGSIT Seminar Hall.
- Our faculty along with P.G.Students attended one day workshop on Intellectual property rights, Inaugural function of ACU-KSCST IP cell at the MOU signing ceremony on 21st June 2019 at BGSIT, B.G.Nagara.
- Our faculty Dr. Rashmi N.G , asst professor from the Dept.of Ph.Analysis presented paper at 10th International conference on materials and advanced technology (ICMAT) held during 23rd -25th June at Singapore.
- Completed Theory and practical examinations of ACU in the month of May and June.
- Our PG students have obtained cent percent results in the ACU examination.
- RGUHS theory exams have concluded and the practical exams are going on.
- Diploma board examinations have commenced from 24th June 2019 and are ongoing.
- NBA inspection was held on 4th and 5th May 2019. Dr. N.K Jain and Dr. Vavia were in the inspection committee.
- Our faculty Mr.Kiran Kumar G.B and Mr. Ravindra represented our college in education fair organised in Bangalore by Vijay Karnataka on 11th -12th May
- Our Faculty participated in Faculty Development Programme on “Basic course in Educational Methodology” held on 20 and 21st May 2019 at Mallige College of pharmacy Bangalore.
- Faculty of our college observed “Anti Terrorism Day” on 21st May at girl’s hostel. Principal Dr, B. Ramesh along with teaching and non teaching staff participated and shared awareness on terrorism.
- Training for the teaching faculty was held on 28th May in association with HESDAR, Mysore on the topic “Problem Based Learning”.
- Mr. Niranjan and Mr. Vijay P of M. Pharm Pharmaceutical chemistry participated and got selected for next level workshop to be held at IIT Madras through 2 days national level workshop and competition on the topic “Drug Discovery-Designing and Development” CADD organised by T.John College of Pharmacy Bangalore held during 25 - 26 April.
- Mr. Muhammed Rashid Invited as a speaker and conducted a session on *Pharmacoeconomics: Methods & Evaluation* in international conference of health economics organized by *ISPOR, Narayana Pharmacy College, Nellore* Andhra Pradesh on 26 and 27 April 2019.
- Mr. Muhammed Rashid department of Pharmacy Practice Conducted a workshop on *Introduction and Methods of Pharmacoeconomics* in two days International workshop *Parmacovigilance and Pharmacoeconomics* organized by *Sree Vidya Nikethan College of Pharmacy* Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, on 17 and 18 April 2019.
- INTERACTIVE SESSION ON SPIRITUAL AND
VISION OF HELPING PEOPLE IN DISTRESS
An interactive Session on “Spiritual and Vision of
Helping People in Distress” was conducted on 21st
February 2019 at Yuvalaya. During the session the
delegate Ms. KEIKO MIGLIACCI, Department of
International development, Nagoya University,
addressed about the spiritual importance. She said
it is a method through which you awaken soul, it
helps you know more about yourself, when we go
spiritually our perception changes and the way we
see the world around us also changes. The session
was witnessed by all PGs and Pharm D interns. The
delegate is a Research scholar of Vedanta & related
Hindu principles and she is here to study the
socio-spiritual- service and educational activities of
- WOMENS EMPOWERMENT CELL REPORT
The ladies staff of our college, participated in
Guest Lectures on the topic “Investment
Awareness Programme for Women” organised
by Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical
Sciences, Adichunchanagiri University. The
Guest Speakers are Professor Balaji Rao D G,
Founder CEO, Sapien Venture, Banglore and
Mrs. Shashikala KS, Financial Advisor, Mysuru
on 31st January, 2019.
- National workshop on CADD
The postgraduate students of our college attended
a workshop on Computer Aided Drug Development
organised by RR College of Pharmacy, Bangalore. It
was a RGUHS Sponsored National level workshop
on Computer Aided Drug Development on
16thFebruary 2019. Expert of the workshop, Dr. K
Gowthamarajan & Dr. Karri VVS Narayana Reddy
rendered their expertise to all Modules of CADD on
effective use of subjective knowledge.
- Jnana Vignana Tantragnana Mela and
Jnana Vignana Tantragnana mela and Coronation
ceremony his holiness Jagadguru Sri Sri Dr
Nirmalanandanatha Mahaswamiji was organised on
19th & 20th February 2019 at Sri Mutt. With the
prime aim of enlightening the rural youths the
present mela was organised in coordination with 45
higher education institutions to showcase their
contributions to the welfare of the society. Each
college had installed stall in which they educated
the crowds on their field of expertise, research done
for transforming human lives and societal needs.
Our college was also assigned to perform catering
services to delegates and devotees of Sri Mutt. The
staff and the students actively participated and
served food to delegates and devotees of Sri Mutt
on both the days
- One Day Seminar on Scope of Research on
25th Feb 2019
A One day seminar on “Current Strategies of
Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences” was
conducted in our college on 25th Feb 2019 by the
dept .of Pharmaceutical chemistry and Dept of
Pharmaceutical Analysis under the guidance of
HOD Dr.T.Y.Pasha. The resource person for the
program was Dr.R.S.R. Murthy, Free Lance
Consultant, Retired Professor of Pharmaceutics
- International Women's Day
International Women's Day is an occasion to
celebrate the progress made towards achieving
gender equality and women's empowerment. It is a
day to recognize the extraordinary acts of women
and to stand together, as a united force.
In this regard Adhichunchanagiri university- Sri
Adhichunchanagiri college of pharmacy in
collaboration with BGS B.Ed college organised
womens day celebration on 8th march 2019 at B.Ed
college at Sri Math.
- National Science Day on 28th February -2019
February 28 was designated as “National Science
Day” by Government of India in 1987. Since then this
day is celebrated throughout the country with great
enthusiasm. As a part of this occasion our college
celebrated National Science Day on 28th, February
2019 Yuvalaya. Principal Dr. B. Ramesh, HODs from
all Departments, Faculties and students
- Guest Lecture
A guest lecture was organized by the Department of
Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Analysis by Dr.
CHETAN G. SHINDE Research Scientist Parenteral
Formulation & Development Team Aspen
Pharmacare, Hyderabad on 09th March 2019. He
delivered on the topics “Bridging the Gap Between
Industry and Academia” and “Design of Experiment
Methodology with Live Demonstration” for the
students of B.Pharm, III and IV year, all M Pharm
Students and Faculty.
- OVERVIEW OF GUEST LECTURE ON EPILEPSY
ON THE OCCASION OF INTERNATIONAL
ON 11th, Feb 2019 PHARM D Interns had attended a
Guest lecture at Sri Adichunchanagiri college of
medical sciences on “EPILEPSY organised by
General Medicine Department.
- REPORT ON PRE-PLACEMENT WORKSHOP
On 18th & 19th Jan 2019, our college organized two
days training programme on “Value Addition in
Employability & Interview Facing Skills” for the
benefit of pre-final year students of SACCP. Mr.
Gurumurthaih S S Director from Argaav Healthcare
pvt.ltd, Bangalore, Dr. N Madhusudan purohit and
Mr. Manohar from JSS College of pharmacy Mysuru,
Dr. Rajesh V & Dr. Prakash G, from SACCP, B G.
Nagara were the resource persons for this training
- 4th International Conference on Clinical
Pharmacy (CPCON) on 5th & 6th of January
The two days International conference on
“Transitioning towards Multidisciplinary Care and
Research” was held on 5th& 6th of January 2019 at
Kasturba Medical College, organized by the Manipal
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, MAHE. Our
staff Dr. Ramanath K V and two 5th year Pharma D
students Mr Prabin Thapa ,Ms Grishma presented
their Posters. Dr. Ramanath K V also contributed as
a poster evaluator in that conference. One M pharm
Student and three more Pharm D students also
attended this conference as a delegate.
- ISPOR SC-SACCP INAUGURATION
ISPOR Inauguration ceremony along with National
science day was held on 1st of March 2019. The
program commenced by an introductory video
regarding ISPOR which provides the necessary
information. An awareness brochure as a part of
ISPOR SC-SACCP World cancer day celebration on
topic “Gall bladder and Bile Duct Cancer awareness”
was launched by the Principal and HODs in
presence of ISPOR SC-SACCP president
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
The two days International conference on
“Transitioning towards Multidisciplinary Care and
Research” was held on 5th& 6th of January 2019 at
Kasturba Medical College, organized by the Manipal
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, MAHE. Our
staff Dr. Ramanath K V and two 5th year Pharma D
students Mr Prabin Thapa ,Ms Grishma presented
their Posters. Dr. Ramanath K V also contributed as
a poster evaluator in that conference. One M pharm
Student and three more Pharm D students also
attended this conference as a delegate.
- Report On VK Education Fair
Two days education fair was conducted by Vijaya
Karnataka on 23rd and 24th FEB 2019 at
Chamundivihar Indoor Stadium, Mysuru. The fair
was officially opened by Minister of Higher
Education G.T. Devegowda at 10:30 am. As a
constituent college of Adichunchanagiri University,
our college participated in the fair with the aim of
informing interested candidate about the different
courses available in pharmacy and their job
opportunities. During the fair we distributed
brochure to the interested candidates and obtained
their contact details.
- WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS DAY
Our faculty and students visited an Orphanage or a
special care center named Dayabhavan (shelter
home for boys) as a part of Autism awareness day
on April 04, 2019 which is organized by ISPOR
Student chapter with Support of SACCP. There were
around 75 children with 4 care-takers. They
provided a welcome drink along with a welcome
- A National Seminar Organized by the Department of Pharmacology on 24TH & 25TH JAN 2018
Two days national seminar on “New Insight into the Target Levels of Cell & Molecular
Pharmacology for Exploration of Novel Molecules” was organized by the Department of
Pharmacology in association with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru.
- 3rd International Conference On Clinical Pharmacy,
cpcon 2018 Manipal University Of Higher Education
Dr. K.V. Ramanath along with a few students attended a 2 days seminar on “New era of
pharmacy practice: Beyond Traditional Patient Care” organised by the department of
Pharmacy Practice, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences on 21st and 22nd January
- Pre-Placement Workshop 2018
On 23 Jan 2018 T&P Cell of SACCP had organized one day workshop on Pre Placement
Activity for the benefit of all year B-Pharma, M-Pharma & Pharma-D students.
- Pharmacovigilance Workshop 2018
On 27 Jan 2018 T&P Cell of SACCP had organized one day Pharmacovigilance workshop
for the benefit of All Final Year B-Pharma, M-Pharma & Pharma-D students. Activity
Includes Basics of Pharmacovigilance, Group Discussion & Mock Interview. Resource
person was invited to deliver lecture for this activity.
- Campus Placement
First campus placement drive was done by Bioclinica, Mysore on 29/01/18. They hired
fresh B-Pharm and Pharm-D students for the post of Drugs Safety Associate. 25 Pharm-D
and 20 B-Pharm Students have registered for the campus Drive. Mr.Bharat M, HR & team
from Bioclinica has taken interview and 09 Pharm-D and 01 B-Pharm got selected.
- Industrial Visit 2018
Sri Adichuanchanagiri College of Pharmacy organized industrial visit as part of the
curriculumt on 3rd February 2018 to Group Pharmaceuticals Pvt, Ltd which is ISO 9001:
2000 certified company.
- Workshops & Conference Attended
G Ramu, Assistant Professor, Sri Adichunchanagiri College of
Pharmacy, B.G. Nagara participated in the Research Methodology
Workshop conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,
Karnataka, at Dhanvanthry Hall, RGUHS on 14-03-2017.
- DEEKSHA MAITHREE 2018
We celebrated Deeksha-Maithree (Graduation day
and Alumni meet 2018) on 10th March at Yuvalaya,
BG Nagara. This program was conducted in the
divine presence of Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanadanatha
Mahaswamiji. The Chief Guest of the function was
Dr. S Eswara Reddy, Drugs Controller General
(India) CDSCO, Head Quarters, New Delhi. The
invited guest of this function was Dr. S
Chandrashekar Shetty, Vice - chancellor,
Adichunchanagiri University, BG Nagara. On this
day, more than 140 students of various course like
B. Pharma, M. Pharma, Pharma. D and D. Pharma
of our college graduated and took pharmacist
oath. On this special occasion Paramapoojya
Guruji inspired the whole crowd by mentioning
about the importance of graduation and
- LEAD PRAYANA :
IT'S NOT THE DESTINATIONS; IT'S THE
JOURNEY THAT COUNTS!
LEAD PRAYANA is an annual leadership
journey for 120 youth aged 18-26 hosted
separately in the locations of Karnataka
(starts from Belagavi) Telangana (starts from
Hyderabad) and Uttar Pradesh [starts from
Varanasi (Kashi)] selected at national level.
The journey of each state meets up for a
leadership and cultural exchange and open
hub of networking, called "Manthan" (sharing)
at Hubballi Karnataka.
- SPEECH COMPETITION
Our Students Ms. Zaiba Sherif of 3rd Pharm D has
secured 1st place and Mr. Chandhan of 3rd B.Pharm
secured 2nd Place in district level Speech
Competition held under the aegis of Nehru Yuva
Kendra, Mandya on the topic “Role of Youth in
Patriotism and Nation Building” on 28th September
2018. Ms. Zaiba Sheriff has been selected for the
State level Competition and Award prize of Rs
- THREE DAYS INDUCTION PROGRAMME FOR
ALL FIRST YEAR PHARMACY STUDENTS
(D – PHARM/B – PHARM/M – PHARM)
Three days induction program was conducted for all
first year Pharmacy students on 10th, 18th and 20th
- ALL INDIA UNIVERSITY SOUTH-ZONE HOCKEY
MEN TOURNAMENT 2018-19
Mohammed Zuber of IV Pharm D was selected as a
player in the playing 11 for the RGUHS men’s hockey
team. He had been selected for the training session
with the team organized by RGUHS which was held
at St. Johns medical college Bangalore. He was
also selected as the Vice Captain of the team. It
was held from 10th to 14th November 2018. The
inter university hockey tournament (south zone)
was held in Acharya Nagarjunan University,
Nagarjuna Nagar Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. He was
honored with the university blazer and medal by the
Dr. Sachidanand, Vice Chancellor, RGUHS for his
effort and commitment towards the team.
- WORKSHOP ON PHARMACOECONOMICS
(10th - 11th August 2018)
Our faculty Mr. Muhammed Rashid PP, from the
department of Pharmacy Practice conducted
two-days workshop on Pharmacoeconomics evaluations in Vikas Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Suryapet, Telangana on 10th and 11th of August
- RGUHS SPORTS COMMITTEE
SPORTS EVENTS - 2018
In this academic year 2018-19, our students have
participated in various inter collage zonal level
competition organized by RGUHS, Bangalore. The details
of the events held at various colleges is mentioned
- State level Bio-Quiz competition 2K18
Name of the students Students of our College
participated and secured Runner up prize in state
level Bio-Quiz 2018 competition organized by India
Bio, Govt. of Karnataka under innovative Karnataka
program with its focal theme INNOVATION and
IMPACT which was held at Yenepoya University,
Mangalore on 19th November 2018.
- Guest lecture on Pharmacy Education &
Practice in USA on 29th Dec 2018
A Guest lecture on Pharmacy Education & Practice
in USA was delivered by Prof. Chandra Sekar,
International Ambassador for Study Abroad
program, University of Findlay, Ohio, USA on 29th
Dec 2018 at our college. Prof. Chandra Sekar
elaborated on Pharmacy Education & Practice in
USA and also shared about his 40 years
professional experience in India & Abroad.
- GUEST LECTURES
Dr. Siddharth Patil, Prof. and Principal, Dr. Shivajirao
Kadam College of Pharmacy, Kasabedigraj, Sangali,
Maharastra delivered guest lecture on
“PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH IN ACADEMICS” on
2nd Nov 2018. He spoke on how to select topic for
research and novelty of research and publications.
PG students of different specialization attended the
- National Conference KAAPTICON-2018
Dr. Prakash Goudanavar, Professor and Head, Dept.
of Pharmaceutics along with post graduate
students of our College attended KAAPTICON
National Conference held in Raichur, Karnataka on
26th & 27th Dec 2018. Our M. Pharm students Mr.
Shashi Kumar and Mr. Srinivas, Dept of
Pharmaceutics presented research posters.
- A Seminar on “Preclinical Drug Discovery and
Animal Models used in Drug Metabolism and
The Department of Pharmacology organized a
seminar on“Preclinical Drug Discovery and Animal
Models Used in Drug Metabolism and
Pharmacokinetics” on 17th november 2018. Mr.
VISHWANATH K M Senior Research Scientist, PCO,
Biocon Bristol Myer Squibb – R & D Center (BBRC) -
Syngene International Ltd, Bangalore, India
delivered the Lecture. Over 150 students including
Faculty members (Final B.Pharm, III, IV, V Pharm. D
and all Dept. PG students) attended the session.
- A Seminar on Overview of Diabetes Mellitus
A seminar on “Over view on diabetes mellitus” by Dr.
M. A. Shekar, Director of Karnataka Institute of
Endocrinology and Research, Bengaluru was
conducted by Department of General Medicine at
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences on
27, Nov 2018. Pharm D interns and 5th year pharm D
students attended the seminar.
- Industrial Visit 2018-19
Our college organized an industrial visit as a part of
curriculum on 21st, 22nd & 28th of September 2018
to Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd &
Group Pharmaceutical Pvt, Ltd respectively. Both
are ISO 9001:2000 certified company. At first
presentation was given on industrial profile, status,
growth & the products manufactured by them.
- WORKSHOP ON PHARMACOECONOMICS on
December 14th 2018
A one-day workshop on Pharmacoeconomics was
organised in Nirmala College of Pharmacy under the
Kerala University of Health Science. Our faculty Mr.
Muhammed Rashid PP, from the department of
Pharmacy Practice successfully conducted hands
on training on softwares used in
Pharmacoeconomics as a part of ISPOR students
chapter annual function on December 14th 2018.
- 57th NATIONAL PHARMACY WEEK
Theme: Pharmacists for a healthy India
INITIUM 2018 was conducted by Indian
pharmaceutical Association in JSS College of
Pharmacy, Mysore on 07th December 2018 as a part
of 57th National Pharmacy Week Celebration. The
occasion comprised of various cultural events
including Quiz, group Song, Dance, and Photo
- NATIONAL EDUCATION DAY
Sri Adichunchanagiri college of Pharmacy,
Adichunchanagiri University celebrated “National
Education Day” on 13-11-2018 to observe and
commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Maulana
Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education minister of
Independent India and a great freedom fighter.
- PHARMACON INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
on 23rd, Dec 2018
Our students attended a conference at Hyderabad
on “PHARMACON INTERNATIONAL” organised by
Dr. Karthik Rakham President (PSPP).
- CONFERENCE IN DIPSAR, DELHI
(8-10 Oct 2018)
Pre-workshop on Pharmacovigilance in IPC,
- PHARMABRDIGE TRAINING PROGRAMME oct
21- Nov 9 2018
Our faculty Dr Ramanath attended the FIP
sponsored pharmabridge training programme in the
university of Sydney, Australia from oct 21- Nov 9.
This training programme enriches in the various
areas like academic, research, hospital and
community Pharmacy. The skill learnt shall be
implementing in the feasible areas of our
- THE 57th NATIONAL PHARMACY WEEK
The National Pharmacy Week, 2018 was conducted
by our college in association with Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA). The theme selected for
this year was “Pharmacists for a Healthy India”.
Pharmacists around the nation celebrate National
Pharmacy Week every year from the 18thof November to the 24thof November to acknowledge the
valuable contributions that Pharmacists and technicians make to patient care in hospitals, outpatient
clinics, and other healthcare settings.
- Our college students participated in four events in RIPPLE 2017 at East West College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on 3rd February 2017 and got first prize with certificate in solo singing by Shraddha (first year B.Pharm) and Second prize with certificate in Rangoli competation by Vidyasree (II pharm.D) & Jyothi (II B.Pharm) students
- Our students participated in Solo singing, Hogathon and debate in PES - Aspiration 2017 at PES college of Pharmacy on 19th February 2017 and won first and third prize in Hogathon and third prize in Solo singing.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry organized English Language Training Programme. The training Programme was inaugurated on 3rd August, 2016 for the academic year 2016-17 for 1st year D.Pharm, B.Pharm and Pharm D students. The programme started at 11.00 am. Welcome speech was delivered by Mrs. Jamuna T R, Lecturer Department of Pharmacy Practice. The students were made aware about the various college activities through teaser followed by introductory speech from Dr. B Ramesh, Principal. Later staff members of various departments introduced themselves. The session was handed over to Pipal Tree Education for one and half hour during which students were evaluated for English proficiency. Also an MOU was made for continuous language training to the students throughout the academic year.
- Ambulatory Care Centre along with ODIC was inaugurated on 7th of October 2016 by Paramapoojya Swamiji along with Dr. T.M Manohar, Medical Superintendent, AH & RC, Dr. B Ramesh, Principal, SACCP and all Pharmacy Practice Staff with Pharm.D interns. Medications and medicaon management are playing a critical role in the management of chronic diseases regardless of the setings, the need for more Ambulatory Care Services is quite remarkably evident. Ambulatory care services have proven to reduce the potential for common medicatoon related problems, including prescribing & administration errors non - adherence and inappropriate use of medicines.
- Mr. M Kumaraswamy, Asso Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice ateended two days' Workshop on Pharm. D Curriculum Development organized by RGUHS, Karnataka on 22nd and 23rd April 2016 at Karnataka College of pharmacy Bengaluru. This was the third workshop in continuation of Pharm D Curriculum Development series by RGUHS in the 2016. On 22nd April 2016, the programme was inaugurated by Dr. Raju Koneri, BOS Chairman, RGUHS Karnataka, Dr. Munir Ahmed, Director of College Developement officer, RGUHS, Dr. Naveen Thomas, Director and Chief Executive Officer Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Dr. Badari Datia Professor ENT Dept., and Head of quality at Bangalore Baptist Hospital. Dr. K. Ramesh, Director Karnataka College Of Pharmacy, Bangalore,were witnessed theinauguration.
- It's always a pride moment for any institute to have a workshop related to research activities. In this regard, our institute conducted one day workshop entitled "Herbal drug standardization and animal handling" on 31st August 2016 for the post graduate students of Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College, Bengaluru. This was in continuation with our legacy of transforming the knowledge and research expertise to the needy aspirants to help and enhance their research skills.
- Christmas was Celebrated on 16th December 2016 at AIMS, BG Nagara with the devine blessings of His Holiness Paramapoojya Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Mahaswamiji, Dr. B Ramesh, Principal, SACCP, Faculty members and students along with Principals of other institutions are participated.
Dr. Mohammed Gulzar Ahmed Professor and Head, Department of Pharmaceutics Presented a research Paper entitled "Approaches to modify the nature of Xanthan Gum and characterization's to improve its functionality at the Internaonal Conference on Industrial Pharmacy 2016 "Generics and Biosimilars", on 15th and 16th August, 2016 at IIUM university, Kuantan, Pahang, MALAYSIA. Industrial pharmacy is a rapidly evolving discipline as new versions of generics and biosimilars present multiple challenges for manufacturers and regulatory agencies. Small differences in manufacturing processes or formulations can have significant effects on product safety and efficacy.
- Approximately 210+ delegates across the state from different disciplines and faculties of Bio medical Sciences (viz. Medical Colleges, Ayurvedic Med. sciences, Vet. Science and Pharmaceutical Sciences and research organizatoons) participated in the workshop. On the day one (11th Nov. 2016) the event was formally inaugurated in the presence of all the resource persons. Dr. MG Shivaramu (Principal, AIMS, BG Nagara) and Dr. B Ramesh (Principal, SACCP, BG Nagara) were also present.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry organized English Language Training Programme. The training Programme was inaugurated on 3rd August, 2016 for the academic year 2016-17 for 1st year D.Pharm, B.Pharm and Pharm D students. The programme started at 11.00 am. Welcome speech was delivered by Mrs. Jamuna T R, Lecturer Department of Pharmacy Practice. The students were made aware about the various college activities through teaser followed by introductory speech from Dr. B Ramesh, Principal. Later staff members of various departments introduced themselves.
- A three days PHARMACY PRACTICE MODULE Advanced Learning Series II on the topic "Neurological Disease and Movement Disorder" was organised in association with Indian Association of College of Pharmacy, Chennai during 29 to 31 January 2015 at BGS Auditorium BG Nagara from SAC College of Pharmacy. A total of 180 delegates from different Pharmacy Institution located across south India actively particpated in the programme. On 29th Jan-2015, at 9:30 am the programme was Inaugurated by Sri. Sri. Sri. Nirmalanandanatha Mahaswamiji and Dr. B. Suresh, President, Pharmacy Council of India was Chief Guest for the funcon. Other dignitaries present on the occasion were Dr. Shivaramu, Principal, AIMS, Dr. Manohar T.M Medical Superintendent, AH & RC, Dr. BK Narendra, Principal BGSIT. The resource persons Dr. Krishna Kumar, Dr. Mark Decerbo and Dr. Jusn Kullgren also addressed the gathering. During the course of inauguration, Poojya swamiji released "Aoushadagiri 2014" an annual college magazine. Dr. B. Suresh released the third issue of "Clinical Pharmacy Newsletter", and Prof. Krishna Kumar released Module Study Material. During the session Dr. B. Ramesh, Principal, Sri Adichunchanagiri college of pharmacy welcomed the gathering. In his speech, he highlighted the reason for conducting this programme and also elaborated the importance of this module to the gathering.
Dr. B. Suresh, in his inaugural address, stressed the importance and relevance of Pharmacy Practice in India and how the Pharm D graduates can complement to the physicians in Medication Therapy Management. He also highlighted that the Pharmacist is a bridge between the Physicians and Patients. If the pharmacist can satisfy the patients and physicians needs in terms of services in their management of health, the pharmacists recognition will increase. He also focused on the future upcoming specialty in Pharma D programme in India i.e.: Residency Programme for specialization (e.g.: Oncology Pharmacist, Cardiology Pharmacist, Renal Pharmacist etc). Swamiji in his benedictions mentioned the importance of meditation and medication for the patients and implementation of the research learning and need of the research collaboration / path for further societal developmental need.
- Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy conducted a programme on the eve of "World the Pharmacist Day" on 28 September 2015 at SAC first Grade College, Nagamangala along with Drugist & Chemist Association, Nagamangala Branch, Mandya District. Programme was based on the theme "Pharmacist: Your Friend in Healthcare". Mr. Cheluvaraya Swamy, Local MLA, Sri D. A. Gundu Rao, President, KSPC, Sri Samsun, Drug Informaon Pharmacist, KSPC, Mr. B. Lokesh, President Druggist & Chemist Association, Mandya District and also Vice President, Karnataka, Druggist & Chemist Association, Smt. Shylaja, ADC, Mandya, Smt. Vishalakshi, Drug Inspector, Mandya, Prof. N. Ramu, Principal, SAC First Grade College, Nagamangala was the Chief guest for the function. A rally was organized at Nagamangala by SACCP students, SAC first Grade Students and Druggist & Chemists Local Team with Tradion folk instrument Kolaata in which they also distributed pamphlets related to health information. The function was organized in SAC First Grade College auditorium where Dr. B. Ramesh, Principal, SACCP welcomed all the dignitaries. A book including all health care information was released by Mr. Cheluvaraya Swamy which was distributed to the gathering. Sri. D.A Gundu Rao and Sri. Samsun addressed the gathering. SACCP college students performed mime based on the above theme. Staffs and students from the department of Pharmacy Practice actively participated in the programme.
- Pharm D. Interns along with Department staff Mr. K V Ramanath, Mr. B P Sathish Kumar, Dr. Rajveer Singh Chopra and Dr. Meenu Pandey from SACCP had a professional visit to HCG hospital, Bangalore, and which is a cancer research centre approved by NABH and NABL on 2 September 2015. A brief introductory session regarding the hospital was delivered by Dr. Ravi Nair , Dean of Academics. Then Interns along with the staff had a visit to the area where PET CT scan, CT scan and MRI scanning are performed. The hospital has the facility of international patent rooms which are classified into private, semiprivate, triplets and general wards. The hospital is having 7 towers with various highly equipped facilities. The most highlighted instrument in this hospital is Cyber Knife which is available only in this hospital among South Asia. It is a Robert system which will take live images of the tumour site and it will treat the same. This instrument provides accurate radiaons with no side effects. The whole hospital is provided with pneumac shoot system which is used for emergency services. HCG is having its own hospital formulary and all prescribers and pharmacy is following this formulary. In hospital pharmacy the drugs are kept at different coloured boxes like pink, blue, green and white which are based on the risk and toxicity of drugs. And also in pharmacy there is stock verification on a monthly basis. In the afternoon session we had a discussion with Dr. Priyank Tripathi and Dr. Bhanu Prakash. Mainly they spoke about their roles in hospital in finding the dispensing errors, prescribing errors, dosage adjustments, drug interactions, treatment protocols etc.
- One day workshop was organized on 4 August 2015 for Postgraduate students and staff of Kalabhairaveshwar Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangaluru. The workshop explored about Herbal drug standardizaon (Thin layer chromatography and other related parameters) by Dr. Annegowda, High performance liquid chromatography (Herbal drug standardizaon) demo by Dr. Jaishree V and Mr. Prakashkumar B. The formulaon of herbs was explained by Mr. Abdul Nasir Karnul, Mr. V. M. Joshi, Mr. G. B. Kirankumar and Mr. K. Senthilkumar. The pharmacological screening methods for herbs were demonstrated by Mr. Rajesh Kow and Ms. Petricia Regina Irene. The programme was concluded by Principal Dr. B. Ramesh.
- On October 9th 2015, all M. Pharm first year students along with Pharmaceutical Analysis Department staff (Dr. Jaishree V, Mr. Prakashkumar B and Mr. Manish Mazumdar) and Dr. Irfan Ali, Dept. Pharm. Chemistry visited to the Agilent Technologies, Bangalore. Ms. Paramjeet Khandpur was an organiser of our visit. Ms. Paramjeet Khandpur and Mr. Mandar gave a very good seminar on liquid chromatography and explained the development of liquid chromatography with high performance, specificaon of each part of HPLC and genotoxic impuries. High performance liquid columns details, LC consumables and columns were explained by Mr. Ramprasad. A gas chromatography engineer, Mr. Lalit Hansoge gave demo on Gas Chromatography funcons and instrumentaon, different detectors like TCD, FID, ECD, NPD, FPD etc. During Agilent lab visit, they have shown all research labs and Agilent Instruments such as HPLC, LC, GC, and GC-MC, column details, detectors of gas chromatography and Atomic spectroscopy. New instruments like Carry eclipse, micro plate reader and its accessories available in molecular spectroscopy with phosphorescence and fluorescence and optical density measurement were also shown. Dr. Manjesh V etal delivered lecture on atomic spectroscopy, one of the instrument where sixty elements can be determined at a me. A very good hospitality was provided from the organising team, Agilent Technologies, Bangalore.
- At Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, a fully fledged NSS unit is funconing since its inception. A special camp was organized from 16-03-2015 to 22-03-2015 at Gondenahalli for the academic year 2014-15 with the theme "Community Health and Environmental Sanitation". An outline was prepared by the N.S.S. program officer in consultaon with the village heads, stressing upon the needs of the village. The day to day events conducted during NSS week is as follows: 16-03-2015: NSS camp was inaugurated in the presence of volunteers and staff incharges with Principal Dr. B. Ramesh gracing the occasion and Mr. Veerupaksaya Head Master of the Higher Primary School, Gondenahalli as the chief guest. Other staff from the college and village heads showed their esteemed presence. All the following days started vibrantly with Flag Hoisng, followed by Yoga and Shramadhan. 17-03-2015: As per the agenda, the volunteers did a health survey spanning around 200 houses in the village and provided Health educaon to villagers on common ailments in the society such as Hypertension and Diabetes Mellitus. 18-03-2015: In the morning a rally was organized for creang awareness in the village regarding "Safe Drug Use" and "Domesc Drug Management". Banners, Placards and distribuon of Pamphlets inslled new vigor to the rally. By the evening a lecture on AIDS was organized from resource persons to end the day. Report NSS Special Camp 2014-15 19-03-2015: The day was marked by screening of woman and children for Anemia in special camps organized for the same. Upon analysis of the data it was found that 2 school going children were anemic. To this end their parents were educated regarding its ill effects and the treatment for the same. 20-03-2015: The events of the day were planned on the grounds of "Go Green Before Green Goes". It was carried out by planng around 50 different plants by volunteers, villagers and school children. 21-03-2015: An excursion was organized where in the volunteers were taken to important historical places including temples and other places of importance and were educated regarding the steps taken up by the government bodies and NGO's for their conservaon. 22-03-2015: As a part of the last day celebraons upon successful compleon of the camp a valedictory funcon was organized. A thanks giving ceremony followed for the gratude shown by the villagers and the school management. The evening was enlightened with camp fire and departure.
- On the occasion of world populaon day (11th July 2015) on 13th July 2015 a rally was organised at Nagamangala by Department of Pharmacy Pracce in associaon with Department of Community Medicine AIMS, BG Nagara and Adichunchanagiri First Grade College Nagamangala to create awareness about the problems associated with populaon explosion and to educate the public about the need of controlling the growth of populaon. The procession was started at 10.30 am from Sri Adichunchanagiri College of arts and commerce to Minividhana Soudha circle Nagamangala and ended back at 12.30 pm, at Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Arts and Commerce College. More than 1200 students parcipated in the rally. During the rally students displayed placards in Kannada against early marriage, to adapt small family, spacing between two children and benefits of small family.
- The Department of Pharmaceutics, Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy organized one day th Industrial visit to kemwell Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore on 20 of December 2014. The visit was organized with the prior permission of Principal Dr. B. Ramesh and HOD Department of Pharmaceutics Dr. Mohammed Gulzar Ahmed. Asst. Prof. Abdul Nasir Kurnool and Asst. Prof. Veda Murthy Joshi, teaching faculty of Pharmaceutics department accompanied about 35 students for the industrial visit. One day visit was organized with prior permission of Mrs. Mamatha, Assistant Manager, HR and Administrator, Kemwell. Kemwell Biopharma is a Corporate Company with its Headquarters in Bangalore which has its manufacturing unit in T. Begur, offering contract CMC services like Manufacturing, Process Development and Formulation. It has Regulatory approvals of USFDA, EMA and Japanese regulatory being experse in liquid, semisolid, oral solids, sterile products and Inhalations. Company follows the philosophy "People Before Product" which is an outcome of its core objective – "Keeping you compeve". As a global company, Kemwell is active in more than 80 countries worldwide with affiliated companies, associated with thousands of customers and suppliers. We took almost of 1 hour and 30 min each for 2 batches which covered the following details:- 1. Department Stores (raw material and packing material), 2. Handling and ulity 3. Pharmaceucal Industry including the layout 4. Equipment's cleaning operation and material flow in each department 5. Filling of liquids and Ointments 6. Tablet punching chamber 7. Blister packing of tablets 8. Labeling and Packing of ointments 9. QA/QC labs 10. Stability testing chambers 11. Microbiology labs It was the unique example of 'EDUTAINMENT' i.e. Education and Entertainment. It was a good experience, which has provided students an exposure to Industrial life. We are thankful to the Industry as a whole for their support to educational institutions for such endeavors.
- One of our Pharm.D Intern Sai Pawan A R presented a Paper on Ibuprofen Induced Fixed Drug Erupon in a HIV positive paent in CME HIVE MYSURU - ART UPDATE 2015, held at SDM- IDM Mysuru, conducted by Asha Kirana Hospital Mysuru. He was awarded with scholarship of free registration fees to attend the conference
- Mr. G Ramu, Assistant Professor, Dept of Pharmacognosy along with M.Pharm students from Dept of Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Analysis attended the "Fifth PESCP International Conference which is based on subject Next generation pharmacist in pharmaceutical industry and in clinical practice". This was organized on 17 and 18 October 2015. During these two days Conference, Mr. G Ramu presented the paper entitled "A Modified Method for Deproteinizaon of Mannan Oligosaccharides Extracted from the Yeast Cell Wall", M. Pharma student Amrutha. B.T presented the paper on "Development and validation of Analytical method for anticancer drug Erlonib in bulk drug and in tablet dosage form based on HPLC" and M.Pharma student Sharath.H.N presented the paper on "Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Lamividine and Stavudine drugs and combined dosage form by RP-HPLC".
- The students of Pharm D. V year attended a seminar about "Filling the gap between pharmacist and patient" along with Assistant Professor Dr. Rajveer Singh Chopra on 5 October 2015 at Nargund College of Pharmacy. The program was inaugurated by P. S . Bhagwan, Registrar KSPC. Professor of Manipal College of Pharmacy Dr. Anand Nagappa delivered a talk about "What is missing in community pharmacy practice in India". In his talk he mentioned that communication is the best way to improve the pharmacotherapeuc outcome and improve the health care system. He specified that talking is a tool of pharmacist. This was followed by a speech from Dr. Maheswari, Professor of M. S. Ramaiah college of pharmacy who discussed regarding the topic "Medication error and its management". She explained about various types of prescription errors like wrong dose errors, unauthorised drug error, prescribing error etc and measures to overcome those barriers. The afternoon session started with Dr. H. J. Hrishikeshavan who gave a talk about "Research opportunities or projects in pharmaceutical care". He talked about pharmaceutical care and its importance with several examples and also about role of clinical pharmacist in research opportunities.
On the eve of Naonal Pharmacy Week 2015 Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy has conducted a th drawing compeon on 18 November 2015 based on the theme "Paent outcome, Clinical Pharmacy & Opportunies in Malaysia". D. Pharm, B. Pharm, and Pharm D students parcipated. Next day, Guest lecture was organized where Dr. Anil T, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy Pracce, Internaonal Medical University, Malaysia, delivered a lecture on "Paent outcome, Clinical Pharmacy & Opportunies in Malaysia", for all Pharm D and PG students. th th From 24 – 27 November 2015 there was an awareness programme with the theme "Responsible Use of Anbiocs Saves Life" in nearby colleges. The th programme was inaugurated on 24 November 2015 at Bhakthanatha Swamy composite PU College, B G Nagara with an exhibion of various posters related to anbioc and drug usage, followed by release of brochure in english and kannada related to the theme by Mr. Manje Gowda, Principal, Bhakthanatha PU College, Dr. B Ramesh, Principal, SACCP and other staff of Pharmacy Pracce Department, SACCP. Guest lecture and exhibion was organized based on the theme at Bhakthanatha Swamy composite PU College, Adichunchanagiri College of Nursing, BGS B.Ed. College, Srikshetra and Adichunchanagiri Instute of Medical Sciences, BG Nagara by staff of Department of Pharmacy Pracce Mrs. Jamuna T. R., Lecturer, Mr. BP Sathish Kumar, Assoc iate Professor, Mr. M. Kumaraswamy, Associate Professor and Dr. Meenu Pandey, Assistant Professor, respectively delivered the lecture where around 600 students attended the programme.
- A Two days workshop on "Applications of CAL Techniques in Experimental Pharmacology: Alternatives to Animal Testing" organized by department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty in association stand with SERB-DST, New Delhi and Indian council of medical Research, New Delhi during 21 and 22 of August 2015. Eight members from our Institute registered as a delegate and witnessed the scientific programs and department visit during the same. The scientific sessions included "Alternatives to Animal Testing: Future Perspective", "Alternatives to animal testing: Case studies in Toxicity studies", "CAL Techniques -Regulatory framework and animal welfare", "CAL Techniques in Experimental Pharmacology", "Computer Assisted Learning: In vitro bioassays" and also "hands on training using CAL Software-Animal Simulator" developed and maintained by ELSEVIER. As delegate for the workshop, the faculty and the PGs of Department of Pharmacology, SAC College of Pharmacy, BG Nagara interacted with the eminent speakers/resource persons and delegates at the workshop. They also visited and interacted with the staff of the Department of Pharmacology, Central Animal Facility and Central Library of JSS College of Pharmacy. The Team also visited the Bandipur Naonal Park, the historical botanical garden, boat house and other places during the stay at Ooty.
- On 5th Sep 2013 Mr. Kashyap MVN, Corporate Trainer, Buoyancee, Bengaluru, Trained our students on Presonality Development
- A National level inter college cultural compitation "BGS GALA-13" was organized on 26-27th May-2013. Around 15 colleges from various displine including Medical, Ayurveda, Nursing and Pharmacy were participated for different cultural compitations
- National Pharmacy week 2012 was celebrated with the theme "Pharmacists in Public Health". Blood Donation camp and Public Health awareness Rallywas organized on 30 November 2012 in Gondenahalli Village.
- ODIC(Online Drug Information Center) was inaugurated 24 Jan 2013 by Depart,ent of Pharmacy Practice in association with Adichunchanagiri Hospital and Research Center, B.G Nagara. A Guest Lecture on "Need for Drug Infos - Current Scenario" by Mr. Samson P. George, Drug Information Pharmacist, KSPC Karnataka
ODIC(Online Drug Information Center) was inaugurated 24 Jan 2013 by Depart,ent of Pharmacy Practice in association with Adichunchanagiri Hospital and Research Center, B.G Nagara. A Guest Lecture on "Need for Drug Infos - Current Scenario" by Mr. Samson P. George, Drug Information Pharmacist, KSPC Karnataka
The Industrial tour was organized to Natural Capsules Ltd(NCL) and Manjushree pvt Ltd on 6 Apr 2013 for M.pharm and B.Pharm students
Mr. Harikrishna Maram,
Director, Institute of Management Technology & Research, Bangalore
Topic: Global Pharma Industry.
Mr. R L K Agnihotri,
Vice-President, Business Development, Biovel Lifesciences,
Topic: Pharma/Biopharma/Biotechnology Markets
with respect to India or Globally.
Dr. Jagannatha Rao,
Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Awardee, Bangalore.
Topic: Self Image & Self Respect – Pathway
to successful Life, 1st August 2008
Dr. Surendra Bhat,
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Topic: Communication Skills
Dr. Pramodkumar T M,
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Topic: Resume & Interview facing Skills
Dr. Mahendra Kumar B J,
KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum
Topic: Clinical Research – Recent trends & Perspective
Mr. Suresh Babu A R,
Senior Analyst, Department of Biomedical Analysis,
Lotus Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
Topic: Clinical Research as Pharma Carrier
Mr. Deepak N,
Assistant Production Manager, Unit III, Medrich Formulation,
Topic: Recent Trends in Pharma Industry
Mr. Satishkumar K J,
General Manager, Technical & Regulatory Affairs,
RELON Chem, London
Topic: A seminar on Pharma Industries – Regulatory
Dr. Mahesh M Burande,
Topic: Scope and Potential after Pharmacy - One Day Certificate programme
Date-23rd April 2009
Launch of Herbal Heritage Journal, the official Publication from S.A.C.College of Pharmacy on 21st April 2009 at Sri Adichunchanagiri Mahasamsthana Mutt.
Dr. S Ramananda Shetty, Honorable Vice Chanceller, RGUHS, Bangalore
Release of Patient Information Leaflets on various diseases on 5th March 2009 at S.A.H.R.C by Sri Ramachandre Gowda, Minister for Medical Education & Mr. Suresh Gowda, MLA, Nagamangala.
Sixteen Students of Final year B.Pharmacy attended IPA -Students Conference from 9th to 11th July 2009 at Acharya & B.M.Reddy College of Pharmacy under the co-ordination of Mr.K.Chandraprakash & Mr.G.Ramu.
17th February 2009
Dr. Vishwanath T,
Professor, Dept. of Microbiology, Government Science College, Tumkur.
Topic: Genetic Engineering and its applications.
M.Pharm in Pharmacy Practice students attended workshop entitled Pharmacovigilance on 11th August 2009 at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
13th August 2009
Professor & HOD, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
Seminar Held on 14th October 2009
Dr. Adepu Ramesh,
Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore.
Topic: Clinical Pharmacy Practice: A Tool to Improve Patient Care
Release of Patient Information Leaflets on H1N1 by Dr. M E Mohan, Principal, AIMS, B G Nagara
Mr. Santosh Y L, presented a poster titled “Evaluation of Mentha Arrensis“ on 8th & 9th October 2009 at National Conference on Emerging trends in Medicinal plants Research.
10th November 2009
Dr. P D Gupta,
(Ex- Director CCMB, Hyderabad), Adjunct Professor, Manipal University
- Enhancement of Performance
M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry students attended ICMR Sponsored national Seminar on Emerging Trends in Pharmaceutical Drug Development and research on 14th & 15th November 2009 at Grace College of Pharmacy, Palakkad, Kerala.
- Mr. Sandeep K.C, presented a poster titled ” In Vitro Cyto-toxic properties of Swertiamarin & Biflavonoid ether isolated from Enicostemme Axillare”.
- Mr. Siddivinayak K.B, presented a poster titled “Comparitive Evaluation of Invitro Antioxidant activity of dried & fried Piper Longum fruits”.
Dr. Jimmy Jose,
Head of the Department, Department of Pharmacy practice was invited to deliver a guest lecture during the State Level Conference and Certification Programme on Pharmacovigilance conducted by Inter Ed Faculty of Clinical Research (IFCR) and Indian Medical Association (Kochi Chapter) on November 7th, 2009 in IMA Hall, Cochin, Kerala. He was one among the panel members for the panel discussion during the conference. Other speakers of the conference included experts in pharmacovigilance from industry, clinical research organization and hospitals. The conference was attended by members from medical, dental and pharmacy profession.
Head of the Department, Department of Pharmacy practice has been invited to be in the reviewer panel for International peer reviewed Journals: “American Journal of Health System Pharmacy” and ” Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety”.
19th December 2009
Dr. Mohamed Izham B Mohamed Ibrahim,
Professor & HOD,University Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
Topic: Introduction to Social & Administrative Pharmacy
22nd December 2009
Mr. Y P Bhovi,
Marketing Executive, Head Post Office, Mandya visited our college for Passport Mela for our students.
Eight students of Pharmacy Practice Department headed by Sri. K V Ramnath & M Kumarswamy, have attended workshop on :
- Innovations in Community Pharmacy & Clinical Practices(Phamacovigilance) on 11th August 2009 at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
- Modern Trends in Pharmacy Practice on 28th & 29th August 2009 at Amritha University, Cochin.
Mr. G Ramu,
Published a article entitled "Studies on Starch of Pergularia Daemia Roots Grown in Ooty: in December 2009 issue of International Journal of Pharma Research & Development – Online having ISSN No. 0974-9446. Article Url: www.ijprd.com/article_no_48_dec_09_03.html
Mr. Chandraprakash K,
Senior Lecturer attended CPCSEA Workshop for IAEC Members jointly organized by Central Animal Facility, Indian Institute of Science, Banglaore and CPCSEA, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India held on 9th January 2010 at IISc, Bangalore.
Dr. N K Satish,
Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical ChemistryPublished an article Titled N-Alkylation of 1,3-substituted Acridones by Microwave Irradiation in the January 2010 issue of the Journal “Research Journal of Pharmaceutical,Biological & Chemical Sciences”.
NATIONAL PHARMACY WEEK : Dr. M Gulzar Ahmed, Professor visited ten PUC Colleges at Ernakulum District, Kerala and gave Seminar” Make Pharmacy your Career” during 11 to 16th
Mr. Madhu B L,
Librarian attended 2nd Annual conference Karnataka Medical Library Association 2010 organised by Vokkaligara Sangha Health Sciences Institutions & RGUHS, Bangalore on 22nd & 23rd January 2010 at KIMS Auditorium, Bangalore.
Dr. B Ramesh,
Principal attended IPA Convention 2010 held at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai from March 13th – 14th, 2010.
A National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and nterpretation Techniques” on 19th and 20th March 2010.
Inaguarated by: Dr. M S Srinath, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, RGUHS, Bangalore;Director, Sonia College of Pharmacy, Dharwad.
- Dr. S. Badami, Director & Professor, Siddaganga College of Pharmacy, Tumkur. Topic: Microwave assisted synthesis of new molecules.
- Dr. Thiyagu R, Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal. Topic: Biostatistics.
- Dr. Meyyanathan, Professor & Head, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Analysis, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty. Topic: Practice of IR Spectra Interpretation.
- Dr. Ravi Subban, Professor, Dept.of Chemistry, Karpakkam University, Coimbatore.
- NMR Spectra Interpretation followed by discussion,
- Mass spectroscopy Instrumentation,
- Mass Spectra Interpretation followed by discussion.
Mr. Suresh N,
Asst.Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutics, along with Fifteen Final B.Pharmacy students attended a national seminar on “New Dimensions and career oppurtunities in Pharmacy” at Sri Siddaganga College of Pharmacy, Tumkur on 25th May 2010. Topics:
- New upcoming oppurtunities and challenges in Pharma Industries by Dr. S Pai, Himalaya health Care, Bangalore.
- Recent trends and emerging innovations in Pharma Industry and research by Dr. S Badami, Principal, Sri Siddaganga College of Pharmacy, Tumkur.
- Building a bridge between Industry & Academics in the Pharmaceutical Research by Mr. Himanshu Joshi, NCK Pharma solutions Ltd., Delhi.
- Importance of e-Learning by Dr. Sibal Roi, NCK Pharma Solutions Ltd., Delhi.
- A Guest lecture was conducted on "Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences" by Dr. P D Gupta, Adjunct Professor, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal on 26th May 2010 at SACCP Seminar Hall.
- A two days National Seminar on ‘’Research Implications and skill development Techniques in Pharmaceutical Sciences’’ was conducted at Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, B G Nagara, Mandya District on 22nd & 23rd September 2010.
Sri Sri Nirmalanandanatha Swamiji, secretary of Sri Adichunchanagiri Mutt inaugurated the function with lamp lighting. Other Dignitaries present were Prof. T V Narayan, Vice President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association & Chairman, IPA Education Division, Dr. Divakar Goli, Secretary, IPA & Principal, Acharya B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Mr. A R Hegde, Managing Director, Innova pharma consultants, Bangalore. & Mr. Raja Agnihotri, General Manager Business Development, Norwich Clinical Services Pvt Limited, Bangalore, Dr. M E Mohan, Principal, AIMS, B G Nagara & Dr. B K Narendra, Principal, BGSIT, B G Nagara, Dr. S Vasanthkumar, Medical Supdt., AIMS, B G Nagara, Mr. K G Vijayakumar, Principal, AIN, B G Nagara.
About 220 delegates from various Pharmacy Colleges and other organizations were attended. On this occasion, Abstract of National Seminar & Pharmacy Practice Newsletter IIIrd Volume were released. During this national seminar, 32 delegates have presented posters of their research work in Ph.Chemistry, Ph.Practice, Pharmaceutics & Pharmacology & best poster award was also given away.
Valedictory function was at 5 PM on 23rd September 2010 by Guest Dr. Leela Srinivasan, Director, Institute of Cancer Research & Biotechnology, B G Nagara
The following topics were delivered by the below mentioned speakers on these two days.
- Avenues & Strategies in Pharma Industries” by Mr. A R Hegde, M D, Innova Pharmaceuticals,Bangalore.
- Script your Professional Dreams” by Mr. Raja Agnihotri, General Manager, Business Development, Norwich Clinical Services Ltd., Bangalore.
- Guidelines for Powerpoint Presentations” by Mr. Vijayanarayana K, Asst. Professor, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- Clinical Research & protocol Designing” by Mr. Surulivel Rajan M, Asst.Professor, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- Guidelines for Reference Citation” by Mr. Vijayanarayana K, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- Research in Pharmacy Practice” by Mr. Surulivel Rajan M, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- ADR Assessment & PBL” by Mr. K V Ramnath, Associate Professor, Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, B G Nagara.
- Strategies of Elucidating Molecular Structure through Spectras” by Dr. Sanjay Pai, Dept. of Quality Assurance, Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy,Bangalore.
- Application of Biostatics in Research” by Dr. Gangaboraiah, Professor, Community Medicine, KIMS, Bangalore.
36. Mr. Madhu B L,
Librarian attended 3nd Annual conference, Karnataka Medical Library Association 2011 organised by Dr. A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore & RGUHS, Bangalore on 22nd & 23rd January 2011 at Dr. A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore.
37. A series of guest lecture was conducted on 16th to 18th March 2011.
On 16th Dr. A N Nagappa, Prof. & HOD, Pharmacy Management, MCOPS, Manipal gave a talk on "How to Practice Pharmacy in Communities? Manipal Experiments".
38. On 17th March 2011, Dr. Pramod Kumar, Prof. JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore spoke on the topic "Novel drug delivery systems and Do's and Don'ts in Dissertation".
39. On 18th March 2011, Dr. Umapathy, General Manager, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, Micro Labs, Bangalore gave a seminar on "Process Analysis Technology (PAT)".
40. Staff Development Programme was conducted from 25-04-2011 to 01-05-2011 with the Theme "Challenges & New Techniques in advanced drug Delivery". On this occasion, following Seminars/Lectures were conducted by following speakers.