- Our college students participated in four events in RIPPLE 2017 at East West College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on 3rd February 2017 and got first prize with certificate in solo singing by Shraddha (first year B.Pharm) and Second prize with certificate in Rangoli competation by Vidyasree (II pharm.D) & Jyothi (II B.Pharm) students
- Our students participated in Solo singing, Hogathon and debate in PES - Aspiration 2017 at PES college of Pharmacy on 19th February 2017 and won first and third prize in Hogathon and third prize in Solo singing.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry organized English Language Training Programme. The training Programme was inaugurated on 3rd August, 2016 for the academic year 2016-17 for 1st year D.Pharm, B.Pharm and Pharm D students. The programme started at 11.00 am. Welcome speech was delivered by Mrs. Jamuna T R, Lecturer Department of Pharmacy Practice. The students were made aware about the various college activities through teaser followed by introductory speech from Dr. B Ramesh, Principal. Later staff members of various departments introduced themselves. The session was handed over to Pipal Tree Education for one and half hour during which students were evaluated for English proficiency. Also an MOU was made for continuous language training to the students throughout the academic year.
- Ambulatory Care Centre along with ODIC was inaugurated on 7th of October 2016 by Paramapoojya Swamiji along with Dr. T.M Manohar, Medical Superintendent, AH & RC, Dr. B Ramesh, Principal, SACCP and all Pharmacy Practice Staff with Pharm.D interns. Medications and medicaon management are playing a critical role in the management of chronic diseases regardless of the setings, the need for more Ambulatory Care Services is quite remarkably evident. Ambulatory care services have proven to reduce the potential for common medicatoon related problems, including prescribing & administration errors non - adherence and inappropriate use of medicines.
- Mr. M Kumaraswamy, Asso Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice ateended two days' Workshop on Pharm. D Curriculum Development organized by RGUHS, Karnataka on 22nd and 23rd April 2016 at Karnataka College of pharmacy Bengaluru. This was the third workshop in continuation of Pharm D Curriculum Development series by RGUHS in the 2016. On 22nd April 2016, the programme was inaugurated by Dr. Raju Koneri, BOS Chairman, RGUHS Karnataka, Dr. Munir Ahmed, Director of College Developement officer, RGUHS, Dr. Naveen Thomas, Director and Chief Executive Officer Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Dr. Badari Datia Professor ENT Dept., and Head of quality at Bangalore Baptist Hospital. Dr. K. Ramesh, Director Karnataka College Of Pharmacy, Bangalore,were witnessed theinauguration.
- It's always a pride moment for any institute to have a workshop related to research activities.
In this regard, our institute conducted one day workshop entitled "Herbal drug standardization and
animal handling" on 31st August 2016 for the post graduate students of Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy
Ayurvedic College, Bengaluru. This was in continuation with our legacy of transforming the
knowledge and research expertise to the needy aspirants to help and enhance their research skills.
- Christmas was Celebrated on 16th December 2016 at AIMS, BG Nagara with the devine
blessings of His Holiness Paramapoojya Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Dr. Nirmalanandanatha Mahaswamiji,
Dr. B Ramesh, Principal, SACCP, Faculty members and students along with Principals of other
institutions are participated.
- Dr. Mohammed Gulzar Ahmed Professor and Head, Department of Pharmaceutics Presented a
research Paper entitled "Approaches to modify the nature of Xanthan Gum and characterization's to
improve its functionality at the Internaonal Conference on Industrial Pharmacy 2016 "Generics and
Biosimilars", on 15th and 16th August, 2016 at IIUM university, Kuantan, Pahang, MALAYSIA. Industrial
pharmacy is a rapidly evolving discipline as new versions of generics and biosimilars present multiple
challenges for manufacturers and regulatory agencies. Small differences in manufacturing processes or
formulations can have significant effects on product safety and efficacy.
- Approximately 210+ delegates across the state from different disciplines and faculties of Bio
medical Sciences (viz. Medical Colleges, Ayurvedic Med. sciences, Vet. Science and Pharmaceutical
Sciences and research organizatoons) participated in the workshop. On the day one (11th Nov. 2016) the event was formally inaugurated in the presence of all the
resource persons. Dr. MG Shivaramu (Principal, AIMS, BG Nagara) and Dr. B Ramesh (Principal, SACCP,
BG Nagara) were also present.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry organized English Language Training Programme.
The training Programme was inaugurated on 3rd August, 2016 for the academic year 2016-17 for 1st year
D.Pharm, B.Pharm and Pharm D students. The programme started at 11.00 am. Welcome speech was
delivered by Mrs. Jamuna T R, Lecturer Department of Pharmacy Practice. The students were made
aware about the various college activities through teaser followed by introductory speech from Dr. B
Ramesh, Principal. Later staff members of various departments introduced themselves.
- A three days PHARMACY PRACTICE MODULE Advanced Learning Series II on the topic "Neurological Disease and Movement Disorder" was organised in association with Indian Association of College of Pharmacy, Chennai during 29 to 31 January 2015 at BGS Auditorium BG Nagara from SAC College of Pharmacy. A total of 180 delegates from different Pharmacy Institution located across south India actively particpated in the programme. On 29th Jan-2015, at 9:30 am the programme was Inaugurated by Sri. Sri. Sri. Nirmalanandanatha Mahaswamiji and Dr. B. Suresh, President, Pharmacy Council of India was Chief Guest for the funcon. Other dignitaries present on the occasion were Dr. Shivaramu, Principal, AIMS, Dr. Manohar T.M Medical Superintendent, AH & RC, Dr. BK Narendra, Principal BGSIT. The resource persons Dr. Krishna Kumar, Dr. Mark Decerbo and Dr. Jusn Kullgren also addressed the gathering. During the course of inauguration, Poojya swamiji released "Aoushadagiri 2014" an annual college magazine. Dr. B. Suresh released the third issue of "Clinical Pharmacy Newsletter", and Prof. Krishna Kumar released Module Study Material. During the session Dr. B. Ramesh, Principal, Sri Adichunchanagiri college of pharmacy welcomed the gathering. In his speech, he highlighted the reason for conducting this programme and also elaborated the importance of this module to the gathering.
Dr. B. Suresh, in his inaugural address, stressed the importance and relevance of Pharmacy Practice in India and how the Pharm D graduates can complement to the physicians in Medication Therapy Management. He also highlighted that the Pharmacist is a bridge between the Physicians and Patients. If the pharmacist can satisfy the patients and physicians needs in terms of services in their management of health, the pharmacists recognition will increase. He also focused on the future upcoming specialty in Pharma D programme in India i.e.: Residency Programme for specialization (e.g.: Oncology Pharmacist, Cardiology Pharmacist, Renal Pharmacist etc). Swamiji in his benedictions mentioned the importance of meditation and medication for the patients and implementation of the research learning and need of the research collaboration / path for further societal developmental need.
- Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy conducted a programme on the eve of "World the Pharmacist Day" on 28 September 2015 at SAC first Grade College, Nagamangala along with Drugist & Chemist Association, Nagamangala Branch, Mandya District. Programme was based on the theme "Pharmacist: Your Friend in Healthcare". Mr. Cheluvaraya Swamy, Local MLA, Sri D. A. Gundu Rao, President, KSPC, Sri Samsun, Drug Informaon Pharmacist, KSPC, Mr. B. Lokesh, President Druggist & Chemist Association, Mandya District and also Vice President, Karnataka, Druggist & Chemist Association, Smt. Shylaja, ADC, Mandya, Smt. Vishalakshi, Drug Inspector, Mandya, Prof. N. Ramu, Principal, SAC First Grade College, Nagamangala was the Chief guest for the function. A rally was organized at Nagamangala by SACCP students, SAC first Grade Students and Druggist & Chemists Local Team with Tradion folk instrument Kolaata in which they also distributed pamphlets related to health information. The function was organized in SAC First Grade College auditorium where Dr. B. Ramesh, Principal, SACCP welcomed all the dignitaries. A book including all health care information was released by Mr. Cheluvaraya Swamy which was distributed to the gathering. Sri. D.A Gundu Rao and Sri. Samsun addressed the gathering. SACCP college students performed mime based on the above theme. Staffs and students from the department of Pharmacy Practice actively participated in the programme.
- Pharm D. Interns along with Department staff Mr. K V Ramanath, Mr. B P Sathish Kumar, Dr. Rajveer Singh Chopra and Dr. Meenu Pandey from SACCP had a professional visit to HCG hospital, Bangalore, and which is a cancer research centre approved by NABH and NABL on 2 September 2015. A brief introductory session regarding the hospital was delivered by Dr. Ravi Nair , Dean of Academics. Then Interns along with the staff had a visit to the area where PET CT scan, CT scan and MRI scanning are performed. The hospital has the facility of international patent rooms which are classified into private, semiprivate, triplets and general wards. The hospital is having 7 towers with various highly equipped facilities. The most highlighted instrument in this hospital is Cyber Knife which is available only in this hospital among South Asia. It is a Robert system which will take live images of the tumour site and it will treat the same. This instrument provides accurate radiaons with no side effects. The whole hospital is provided with pneumac shoot system which is used for emergency services. HCG is having its own hospital formulary and all prescribers and pharmacy is following this formulary. In hospital pharmacy the drugs are kept at different coloured boxes like pink, blue, green and white which are based on the risk and toxicity of drugs. And also in pharmacy there is stock verification on a monthly basis. In the afternoon session we had a discussion with Dr. Priyank Tripathi and Dr. Bhanu Prakash. Mainly they spoke about their roles in hospital in finding the dispensing errors, prescribing errors, dosage adjustments, drug interactions, treatment protocols etc.
- One day workshop was organized on 4 August 2015 for Postgraduate students and staff of Kalabhairaveshwar Ayurvedic Medical College, Bangaluru. The workshop explored about Herbal drug standardizaon (Thin layer chromatography and other related parameters) by Dr. Annegowda, High performance liquid chromatography (Herbal drug standardizaon) demo by Dr. Jaishree V and Mr. Prakashkumar B. The formulaon of herbs was explained by Mr. Abdul Nasir Karnul, Mr. V. M. Joshi, Mr. G. B. Kirankumar and Mr. K. Senthilkumar. The pharmacological screening methods for herbs were demonstrated by Mr. Rajesh Kow and Ms. Petricia Regina Irene. The programme was concluded by Principal Dr. B. Ramesh.
- On October 9th 2015, all M. Pharm first year students along with Pharmaceutical Analysis Department staff (Dr. Jaishree V, Mr. Prakashkumar B and Mr. Manish Mazumdar) and Dr. Irfan Ali, Dept. Pharm. Chemistry visited to the Agilent Technologies, Bangalore. Ms. Paramjeet Khandpur was an organiser of our visit. Ms. Paramjeet Khandpur and Mr. Mandar gave a very good seminar on liquid chromatography and explained the development of liquid chromatography with high performance, specificaon of each part of HPLC and genotoxic impuries. High performance liquid columns details, LC consumables and columns were explained by Mr. Ramprasad. A gas chromatography engineer, Mr. Lalit Hansoge gave demo on Gas Chromatography funcons and instrumentaon, different detectors like TCD, FID, ECD, NPD, FPD etc. During Agilent lab visit, they have shown all research labs and Agilent Instruments such as HPLC, LC, GC, and GC-MC, column details, detectors of gas chromatography and Atomic spectroscopy. New instruments like Carry eclipse, micro plate reader and its accessories available in molecular spectroscopy with phosphorescence and fluorescence and optical density measurement were also shown. Dr. Manjesh V etal delivered lecture on atomic spectroscopy, one of the instrument where sixty elements can be determined at a me. A very good hospitality was provided from the organising team, Agilent Technologies, Bangalore.
- At Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, a fully fledged NSS unit is funconing since its inception. A special camp was organized from 16-03-2015 to 22-03-2015 at Gondenahalli for the academic year 2014-15 with the theme "Community Health and Environmental Sanitation". An outline was prepared by the N.S.S. program officer in consultaon with the village heads, stressing upon the needs of the village. The day to day events conducted during NSS week is as follows: 16-03-2015: NSS camp was inaugurated in the presence of volunteers and staff incharges with Principal Dr. B. Ramesh gracing the occasion and Mr. Veerupaksaya Head Master of the Higher Primary School, Gondenahalli as the chief guest. Other staff from the college and village heads showed their esteemed presence. All the following days started vibrantly with Flag Hoisng, followed by Yoga and Shramadhan. 17-03-2015: As per the agenda, the volunteers did a health survey spanning around 200 houses in the village and provided Health educaon to villagers on common ailments in the society such as Hypertension and Diabetes Mellitus. 18-03-2015: In the morning a rally was organized for creang awareness in the village regarding "Safe Drug Use" and "Domesc Drug Management". Banners, Placards and distribuon of Pamphlets inslled new vigor to the rally. By the evening a lecture on AIDS was organized from resource persons to end the day. Report NSS Special Camp 2014-15 19-03-2015: The day was marked by screening of woman and children for Anemia in special camps organized for the same. Upon analysis of the data it was found that 2 school going children were anemic. To this end their parents were educated regarding its ill effects and the treatment for the same. 20-03-2015: The events of the day were planned on the grounds of "Go Green Before Green Goes". It was carried out by planng around 50 different plants by volunteers, villagers and school children. 21-03-2015: An excursion was organized where in the volunteers were taken to important historical places including temples and other places of importance and were educated regarding the steps taken up by the government bodies and NGO's for their conservaon. 22-03-2015: As a part of the last day celebraons upon successful compleon of the camp a valedictory funcon was organized. A thanks giving ceremony followed for the gratude shown by the villagers and the school management. The evening was enlightened with camp fire and departure.
- On the occasion of world populaon day (11th July 2015) on 13th July 2015 a rally was organised at Nagamangala by Department of Pharmacy Pracce in associaon with Department of Community Medicine AIMS, BG Nagara and Adichunchanagiri First Grade College Nagamangala to create awareness about the problems associated with populaon explosion and to educate the public about the need of controlling the growth of populaon. The procession was started at 10.30 am from Sri Adichunchanagiri College of arts and commerce to Minividhana Soudha circle Nagamangala and ended back at 12.30 pm, at Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Arts and Commerce College. More than 1200 students parcipated in the rally. During the rally students displayed placards in Kannada against early marriage, to adapt small family, spacing between two children and benefits of small family.
- The Department of Pharmaceutics, Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy organized one day th Industrial visit to kemwell Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore on 20 of December 2014. The visit was organized with the prior permission of Principal Dr. B. Ramesh and HOD Department of Pharmaceutics Dr. Mohammed Gulzar Ahmed. Asst. Prof. Abdul Nasir Kurnool and Asst. Prof. Veda Murthy Joshi, teaching faculty of Pharmaceutics department accompanied about 35 students for the industrial visit. One day visit was organized with prior permission of Mrs. Mamatha, Assistant Manager, HR and Administrator, Kemwell. Kemwell Biopharma is a Corporate Company with its Headquarters in Bangalore which has its manufacturing unit in T. Begur, offering contract CMC services like Manufacturing, Process Development and Formulation. It has Regulatory approvals of USFDA, EMA and Japanese regulatory being experse in liquid, semisolid, oral solids, sterile products and Inhalations. Company follows the philosophy "People Before Product" which is an outcome of its core objective – "Keeping you compeve". As a global company, Kemwell is active in more than 80 countries worldwide with affiliated companies, associated with thousands of customers and suppliers. We took almost of 1 hour and 30 min each for 2 batches which covered the following details:- 1. Department Stores (raw material and packing material), 2. Handling and ulity 3. Pharmaceucal Industry including the layout 4. Equipment's cleaning operation and material flow in each department 5. Filling of liquids and Ointments 6. Tablet punching chamber 7. Blister packing of tablets 8. Labeling and Packing of ointments 9. QA/QC labs 10. Stability testing chambers 11. Microbiology labs It was the unique example of 'EDUTAINMENT' i.e. Education and Entertainment. It was a good experience, which has provided students an exposure to Industrial life. We are thankful to the Industry as a whole for their support to educational institutions for such endeavors.
- One of our Pharm.D Intern Sai Pawan A R presented a Paper on Ibuprofen Induced Fixed Drug Erupon in a HIV positive paent in CME HIVE MYSURU - ART UPDATE 2015, held at SDM- IDM Mysuru, conducted by Asha Kirana Hospital Mysuru. He was awarded with scholarship of free registration fees to attend the conference
- Mr. G Ramu, Assistant Professor, Dept of Pharmacognosy along with M.Pharm students from Dept of Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Analysis attended the "Fifth PESCP International Conference which is based on subject Next generation pharmacist in pharmaceutical industry and in clinical practice". This was organized on 17 and 18 October 2015. During these two days Conference, Mr. G Ramu presented the paper entitled "A Modified Method for Deproteinizaon of Mannan Oligosaccharides Extracted from the Yeast Cell Wall", M. Pharma student Amrutha. B.T presented the paper on "Development and validation of Analytical method for anticancer drug Erlonib in bulk drug and in tablet dosage form based on HPLC" and M.Pharma student Sharath.H.N presented the paper on "Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Lamividine and Stavudine drugs and combined dosage form by RP-HPLC".
- The students of Pharm D. V year attended a seminar about "Filling the gap between pharmacist and patient" along with Assistant Professor Dr. Rajveer Singh Chopra on 5 October 2015 at Nargund College of Pharmacy. The program was inaugurated by P. S . Bhagwan, Registrar KSPC. Professor of Manipal College of Pharmacy Dr. Anand Nagappa delivered a talk about "What is missing in community pharmacy practice in India". In his talk he mentioned that communication is the best way to improve the pharmacotherapeuc outcome and improve the health care system. He specified that talking is a tool of pharmacist. This was followed by a speech from Dr. Maheswari, Professor of M. S. Ramaiah college of pharmacy who discussed regarding the topic "Medication error and its management". She explained about various types of prescription errors like wrong dose errors, unauthorised drug error, prescribing error etc and measures to overcome those barriers. The afternoon session started with Dr. H. J. Hrishikeshavan who gave a talk about "Research opportunities or projects in pharmaceutical care". He talked about pharmaceutical care and its importance with several examples and also about role of clinical pharmacist in research opportunities.
On the eve of Naonal Pharmacy Week 2015 Sri Adichunchangiri College of Pharmacy has conducted a th drawing compeon on 18 November 2015 based on the theme "Paent outcome, Clinical Pharmacy & Opportunies in Malaysia". D. Pharm, B. Pharm, and Pharm D students parcipated. Next day, Guest lecture was organized where Dr. Anil T, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy Pracce, Internaonal Medical University, Malaysia, delivered a lecture on "Paent outcome, Clinical Pharmacy & Opportunies in Malaysia", for all Pharm D and PG students. th th From 24 – 27 November 2015 there was an awareness programme with the theme "Responsible Use of Anbiocs Saves Life" in nearby colleges. The th programme was inaugurated on 24 November 2015 at Bhakthanatha Swamy composite PU College, B G Nagara with an exhibion of various posters related to anbioc and drug usage, followed by release of brochure in english and kannada related to the theme by Mr. Manje Gowda, Principal, Bhakthanatha PU College, Dr. B Ramesh, Principal, SACCP and other staff of Pharmacy Pracce Department, SACCP. Guest lecture and exhibion was organized based on the theme at Bhakthanatha Swamy composite PU College, Adichunchanagiri College of Nursing, BGS B.Ed. College, Srikshetra and Adichunchanagiri Instute of Medical Sciences, BG Nagara by staff of Department of Pharmacy Pracce Mrs. Jamuna T. R., Lecturer, Mr. BP Sathish Kumar, Assoc iate Professor, Mr. M. Kumaraswamy, Associate Professor and Dr. Meenu Pandey, Assistant Professor, respectively delivered the lecture where around 600 students attended the programme.
- A Two days workshop on "Applications of CAL Techniques in Experimental Pharmacology: Alternatives to Animal Testing" organized by department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty in association stand with SERB-DST, New Delhi and Indian council of medical Research, New Delhi during 21 and 22 of August 2015. Eight members from our Institute registered as a delegate and witnessed the scientific programs and department visit during the same. The scientific sessions included "Alternatives to Animal Testing: Future Perspective", "Alternatives to animal testing: Case studies in Toxicity studies", "CAL Techniques -Regulatory framework and animal welfare", "CAL Techniques in Experimental Pharmacology", "Computer Assisted Learning: In vitro bioassays" and also "hands on training using CAL Software-Animal Simulator" developed and maintained by ELSEVIER. As delegate for the workshop, the faculty and the PGs of Department of Pharmacology, SAC College of Pharmacy, BG Nagara interacted with the eminent speakers/resource persons and delegates at the workshop. They also visited and interacted with the staff of the Department of Pharmacology, Central Animal Facility and Central Library of JSS College of Pharmacy. The Team also visited the Bandipur Naonal Park, the historical botanical garden, boat house and other places during the stay at Ooty.
On 5th Sep 2013 Mr. Kashyap MVN, Corporate Trainer, Buoyancee, Bengaluru, Trained our students on Presonality Development
A National level inter college cultural compitation "BGS GALA-13" was organized on 26-27th May-2013. Around 15 colleges from various displine including Medical, Ayurveda, Nursing and Pharmacy were participated for different cultural compitations
National Pharmacy week 2012 was celebrated with the theme "Pharmacists in Public Health". Blood Donation camp and Public Health awareness Rallywas organized on 30 November 2012 in Gondenahalli Village.
ODIC(Online Drug Information Center) was inaugurated 24 Jan 2013 by Depart,ent of Pharmacy Practice in association with Adichunchanagiri Hospital and Research Center, B.G Nagara. A Guest Lecture on "Need for Drug Infos - Current Scenario" by Mr. Samson P. George, Drug Information Pharmacist, KSPC Karnataka
The Industrial tour was organized to Natural Capsules Ltd(NCL) and Manjushree pvt Ltd on 6 Apr 2013 for M.pharm and B.Pharm students
Mr. Harikrishna Maram,
Director, Institute of Management Technology & Research, Bangalore
Topic: Global Pharma Industry.
Mr. R L K Agnihotri,
Vice-President, Business Development, Biovel Lifesciences,
Topic: Pharma/Biopharma/Biotechnology Markets
with respect to India or Globally.
Dr. Jagannatha Rao,
Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Awardee, Bangalore.
Topic: Self Image & Self Respect – Pathway
to successful Life, 1st August 2008
Dr. Surendra Bhat,
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Topic: Communication Skills
Dr. Pramodkumar T M,
JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
Topic: Resume & Interview facing Skills
Dr. Mahendra Kumar B J,
KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum
Topic: Clinical Research – Recent trends & Perspective
Mr. Suresh Babu A R,
Senior Analyst, Department of Biomedical Analysis,
Lotus Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
Topic: Clinical Research as Pharma Carrier
Mr. Deepak N,
Assistant Production Manager, Unit III, Medrich Formulation,
Topic: Recent Trends in Pharma Industry
Mr. Satishkumar K J,
General Manager, Technical & Regulatory Affairs,
RELON Chem, London
Topic: A seminar on Pharma Industries – Regulatory
Dr. Mahesh M Burande,
Topic: Scope and Potential after Pharmacy - One Day Certificate programme
Date-23rd April 2009
Launch of Herbal Heritage Journal, the official Publication from S.A.C.College of Pharmacy on 21st April 2009 at Sri Adichunchanagiri Mahasamsthana Mutt.
Dr. S Ramananda Shetty, Honorable Vice Chanceller, RGUHS, Bangalore
Release of Patient Information Leaflets on various diseases on 5th March 2009 at S.A.H.R.C by Sri Ramachandre Gowda, Minister for Medical Education & Mr. Suresh Gowda, MLA, Nagamangala.
Sixteen Students of Final year B.Pharmacy attended IPA -Students Conference from 9th to 11th July 2009 at Acharya & B.M.Reddy College of Pharmacy under the co-ordination of Mr.K.Chandraprakash & Mr.G.Ramu.
17th February 2009
Dr. Vishwanath T,
Professor, Dept. of Microbiology, Government Science College, Tumkur.
Topic: Genetic Engineering and its applications.
M.Pharm in Pharmacy Practice students attended workshop entitled Pharmacovigilance on 11th August 2009 at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
13th August 2009
Professor & HOD, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
Seminar Held on 14th October 2009
Dr. Adepu Ramesh,
Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore.
Topic: Clinical Pharmacy Practice: A Tool to Improve Patient Care
Release of Patient Information Leaflets on H1N1 by Dr. M E Mohan, Principal, AIMS, B G Nagara
Mr. Santosh Y L, presented a poster titled “Evaluation of Mentha Arrensis“ on 8th & 9th October 2009 at National Conference on Emerging trends in Medicinal plants Research.
10th November 2009
Dr. P D Gupta,
(Ex- Director CCMB, Hyderabad), Adjunct Professor, Manipal University
- Enhancement of Performance
M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry students attended ICMR Sponsored national Seminar on Emerging Trends in Pharmaceutical Drug Development and research on 14th & 15th November 2009 at Grace College of Pharmacy, Palakkad, Kerala.
- Mr. Sandeep K.C, presented a poster titled ” In Vitro Cyto-toxic properties of Swertiamarin & Biflavonoid ether isolated from Enicostemme Axillare”.
- Mr. Siddivinayak K.B, presented a poster titled “Comparitive Evaluation of Invitro Antioxidant activity of dried & fried Piper Longum fruits”.
Dr. Jimmy Jose,
Head of the Department, Department of Pharmacy practice was invited to deliver a guest lecture during the State Level Conference and Certification Programme on Pharmacovigilance conducted by Inter Ed Faculty of Clinical Research (IFCR) and Indian Medical Association (Kochi Chapter) on November 7th, 2009 in IMA Hall, Cochin, Kerala. He was one among the panel members for the panel discussion during the conference. Other speakers of the conference included experts in pharmacovigilance from industry, clinical research organization and hospitals. The conference was attended by members from medical, dental and pharmacy profession.
Head of the Department, Department of Pharmacy practice has been invited to be in the reviewer panel for International peer reviewed Journals: “American Journal of Health System Pharmacy” and ” Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety”.
19th December 2009
Dr. Mohamed Izham B Mohamed Ibrahim,
Professor & HOD,University Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
Topic: Introduction to Social & Administrative Pharmacy
22nd December 2009
Mr. Y P Bhovi,
Marketing Executive, Head Post Office, Mandya visited our college for Passport Mela for our students.
Eight students of Pharmacy Practice Department headed by Sri. K V Ramnath & M Kumarswamy, have attended workshop on :
- Innovations in Community Pharmacy & Clinical Practices(Phamacovigilance) on 11th August 2009 at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum.
- Modern Trends in Pharmacy Practice on 28th & 29th August 2009 at Amritha University, Cochin.
Mr. G Ramu,
Published a article entitled "Studies on Starch of Pergularia Daemia Roots Grown in Ooty: in December 2009 issue of International Journal of Pharma Research & Development – Online having ISSN No. 0974-9446. Article Url: www.ijprd.com/article_no_48_dec_09_03.html
Mr. Chandraprakash K,
Senior Lecturer attended CPCSEA Workshop for IAEC Members jointly organized by Central Animal Facility, Indian Institute of Science, Banglaore and CPCSEA, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India held on 9th January 2010 at IISc, Bangalore.
Dr. N K Satish,
Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical ChemistryPublished an article Titled N-Alkylation of 1,3-substituted Acridones by Microwave Irradiation in the January 2010 issue of the Journal “Research Journal of Pharmaceutical,Biological & Chemical Sciences”.
NATIONAL PHARMACY WEEK : Dr. M Gulzar Ahmed, Professor visited ten PUC Colleges at Ernakulum District, Kerala and gave Seminar” Make Pharmacy your Career” during 11 to 16th
Mr. Madhu B L,
Librarian attended 2nd Annual conference Karnataka Medical Library Association 2010 organised by Vokkaligara Sangha Health Sciences Institutions & RGUHS, Bangalore on 22nd & 23rd January 2010 at KIMS Auditorium, Bangalore.
Dr. B Ramesh,
Principal attended IPA Convention 2010 held at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai from March 13th – 14th, 2010.
A National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and nterpretation Techniques” on 19th and 20th March 2010.
Inaguarated by: Dr. M S Srinath, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, RGUHS, Bangalore;Director, Sonia College of Pharmacy, Dharwad.
- Dr. S. Badami, Director & Professor, Siddaganga College of Pharmacy, Tumkur. Topic: Microwave assisted synthesis of new molecules.
- Dr. Thiyagu R, Professor, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal. Topic: Biostatistics.
- Dr. Meyyanathan, Professor & Head, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Analysis, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty. Topic: Practice of IR Spectra Interpretation.
- Dr. Ravi Subban, Professor, Dept.of Chemistry, Karpakkam University, Coimbatore.
- NMR Spectra Interpretation followed by discussion,
- Mass spectroscopy Instrumentation,
- Mass Spectra Interpretation followed by discussion.
Mr. Suresh N,
Asst.Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutics, along with Fifteen Final B.Pharmacy students attended a national seminar on “New Dimensions and career oppurtunities in Pharmacy” at Sri Siddaganga College of Pharmacy, Tumkur on 25th May 2010. Topics:
- New upcoming oppurtunities and challenges in Pharma Industries by Dr. S Pai, Himalaya health Care, Bangalore.
- Recent trends and emerging innovations in Pharma Industry and research by Dr. S Badami, Principal, Sri Siddaganga College of Pharmacy, Tumkur.
- Building a bridge between Industry & Academics in the Pharmaceutical Research by Mr. Himanshu Joshi, NCK Pharma solutions Ltd., Delhi.
- Importance of e-Learning by Dr. Sibal Roi, NCK Pharma Solutions Ltd., Delhi.
- A Guest lecture was conducted on "Recent Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences" by Dr. P D Gupta, Adjunct Professor, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal on 26th May 2010 at SACCP Seminar Hall.
- A two days National Seminar on ‘’Research Implications and skill development Techniques in Pharmaceutical Sciences’’ was conducted at Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, B G Nagara, Mandya District on 22nd & 23rd September 2010.
Sri Sri Nirmalanandanatha Swamiji, secretary of Sri Adichunchanagiri Mutt inaugurated the function with lamp lighting. Other Dignitaries present were Prof. T V Narayan, Vice President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association & Chairman, IPA Education Division, Dr. Divakar Goli, Secretary, IPA & Principal, Acharya B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Mr. A R Hegde, Managing Director, Innova pharma consultants, Bangalore. & Mr. Raja Agnihotri, General Manager Business Development, Norwich Clinical Services Pvt Limited, Bangalore, Dr. M E Mohan, Principal, AIMS, B G Nagara & Dr. B K Narendra, Principal, BGSIT, B G Nagara, Dr. S Vasanthkumar, Medical Supdt., AIMS, B G Nagara, Mr. K G Vijayakumar, Principal, AIN, B G Nagara.
About 220 delegates from various Pharmacy Colleges and other organizations were attended. On this occasion, Abstract of National Seminar & Pharmacy Practice Newsletter IIIrd Volume were released. During this national seminar, 32 delegates have presented posters of their research work in Ph.Chemistry, Ph.Practice, Pharmaceutics & Pharmacology & best poster award was also given away.
Valedictory function was at 5 PM on 23rd September 2010 by Guest Dr. Leela Srinivasan, Director, Institute of Cancer Research & Biotechnology, B G Nagara
The following topics were delivered by the below mentioned speakers on these two days.
- Avenues & Strategies in Pharma Industries” by Mr. A R Hegde, M D, Innova Pharmaceuticals,Bangalore.
- Script your Professional Dreams” by Mr. Raja Agnihotri, General Manager, Business Development, Norwich Clinical Services Ltd., Bangalore.
- Guidelines for Powerpoint Presentations” by Mr. Vijayanarayana K, Asst. Professor, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- Clinical Research & protocol Designing” by Mr. Surulivel Rajan M, Asst.Professor, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- Guidelines for Reference Citation” by Mr. Vijayanarayana K, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- Research in Pharmacy Practice” by Mr. Surulivel Rajan M, Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal.
- ADR Assessment & PBL” by Mr. K V Ramnath, Associate Professor, Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, B G Nagara.
- Strategies of Elucidating Molecular Structure through Spectras” by Dr. Sanjay Pai, Dept. of Quality Assurance, Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy,Bangalore.
- Application of Biostatics in Research” by Dr. Gangaboraiah, Professor, Community Medicine, KIMS, Bangalore.
36. Mr. Madhu B L,
Librarian attended 3nd Annual conference, Karnataka Medical Library Association 2011 organised by Dr. A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore & RGUHS, Bangalore on 22nd & 23rd January 2011 at Dr. A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore.
37. A series of guest lecture was conducted on 16th to 18th March 2011.
On 16th Dr. A N Nagappa, Prof. & HOD, Pharmacy Management, MCOPS, Manipal gave a talk on "How to Practice Pharmacy in Communities? Manipal Experiments".
38. On 17th March 2011, Dr. Pramod Kumar, Prof. JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore spoke on the topic "Novel drug delivery systems and Do's and Don'ts in Dissertation".
39. On 18th March 2011, Dr. Umapathy, General Manager, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, Micro Labs, Bangalore gave a seminar on "Process Analysis Technology (PAT)".
40. Staff Development Programme was conducted from 25-04-2011 to 01-05-2011 with the Theme "Challenges & New Techniques in advanced drug Delivery". On this occasion, following Seminars/Lectures were conducted by following speakers.